The Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardenfest of Lights (2008)
Today, lets try something a bit different.
What is your Favorite Christmas song?
To make this a little less unwieldy, name the song that best suits each category. I will tally up and share answers by Christmas. (Answer today, tomorrow, whenever…there are no winners, no prizes….The Songs I have listed are EXAMPLES!!! NOT my choices! And you can give more than one for each category, but try to stay under 3 per category…)
- Favorite RELIGIOUS song/Hymn—(for example, O, Holy Night, Joy to the World—a particular version??)
- Favorite STANDARD (For this, lets say anything recorded before 1965 or there about-Bing, Johnny Mathis, Perry Como, etc. It can be religious, or semi-religious, but name an artist; the artist’s interpretation is what makes you like it.)
- Favorite Novelty/Child Song (For example—Frosty the Snowman, Dominic and the Donkey, The Hanukah Song by Adam Sandler)
- Favorite Instrumental (name the musicians –Mannheim Steamroller, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, etc…)
- Favorite Romantic Song (Baby its Cold Outside, 2000 Miles)
- Favorite Pop Song (Rock, Pop, Country—something that hasn’t quite made it to a Standard yet—like Feliz Navidad,Christmas All Over Again, Little Saint Nick)
- Favorite Christmas song that no one knows (Elfs Lament by Barenaked Ladies)
- The Song that puts you into the Christmas mood!
- The song that is farthest back in your mind, the one that SAYS Christmas to you, evokes the best of your holiday memories….
and 10….a song that you couldn’t make fit in the above!
I look forward to hearing about lots of new music to find some songs I don’t have! (241 Christmas songs on my IPod at the moment…)